Contact Eye Care Vision Center for Anne Klein Eyewear, Astigmatism, Astigmatism Contact Lenses, Bebe Eyewear, Bifocal Contact Lenses, Candies Eyewear, Cataracts, Coach Eyewear, Color Blindness, Conjunctivitis, Contact Lenses, Contacts, Eye Care, Eye Exams, Eye Infections, Eyeglasses, Eyewear, Eyewear Frames, Eyewear Prescriptions, Glasses, Glaucoma, Guess Eyewear, Optometrists, Optometry, Pink Eye, Polo Eyewear, Prada Eyewear, Ray Ban Eyewear, Versace Eyewear, and Vision Aids. Proudly supporting the areas of Dallas, Garland, Mesquite, Murphy, Plano, Richardson, Rockwall, Rowlett, Sachse, Wylie, and surrounding areas.
Contact Eye Care Vision Center for Anne Klein Eyewear in Murphy, Astigmatism in Murphy, Astigmatism Contact Lenses in Murphy, Bebe Eyewear in Murphy, Bifocal Contact Lenses in Murphy, Candies Eyewear in Murphy, Cataracts in Murphy, Coach Eyewear in Murphy, Color Blindness in Murphy, Conjunctivitis in Murphy, Contact Lenses in Murphy, Contacts in Murphy, Eye Care in Murphy, Eye Exams in Murphy, Eye Infections in Murphy, Eyeglasses in Murphy, Eyewear in Murphy, Eyewear Frames in Murphy, Eyewear Prescriptions in Murphy, Glasses in Murphy, Glaucoma in Murphy, Guess Eyewear in Murphy, Optometrists in Murphy, Optometry in Murphy, Pink Eye in Murphy, Polo Eyewear in Murphy, Prada Eyewear in Murphy, Ray Ban Eyewear in Murphy, Versace Eyewear in Murphy, Vision Aids in Murphy, and in surrounding areas.
Below is some general information about Murphy:
Murphy is a city in Collin County, Texas. The 2010 United States Census reported the city’s population as 17,708. Murphy is a suburb of Dallas, and is located to the north east of the city. Murphy is a fast-growing community with a history that goes back to the early 1900s. Murphy is located in southern Collin county, within the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. Situated midway between Plano and Wylie on FM 544, Murphy is two miles (3 km) south of the famous Southfork Ranch. Its borders enclosing only 3.8 square miles, Murphy shares borders with Plano, Richardson, Wylie, Sachse, and Parker. It is approximately 20 miles (32 km) from downtown Dallas and about 30 miles (48 km) from D/FW Airport.
The community supports plans to continue to foster the country-living atmosphere, though with fewer large lots. Minimum lot sizes are 9,000 square feet, and the average lot size trends toward 12,000 square feet. Several subdivisions have begun building and are occupied. The newest approved development is 470 acres on the northeast side of the city along Maxwell Creek. The country living theme is expressed in this development by a linear park, which is expected to include a hike-and-bike trail. The major new feature to be noted in the Future Land Use Plan is a central business district at the northeast and northwest corners of the intersection of FM 544 and Murphy Road. This is expected to encompass a park-like area with offices and stores fronting on a central plaza. Construction on such a development, Murphy Marketplace, began in 2008. It now contains numerous restaurants and services. The municipal complex comprises a total of four buildings to serve Fire, Police, City Administration, and Public Works.
With the opening of the President George Bush Tollway, access to the west became a reality in 1999. The highway is a major factor in the growth of the economy of Southeast Collin County. Its impact on Murphy has already been felt in the rapid expansion as new homes have been built, with the boom starting in 1999. The population in late 2002 was about 6,500 and continued to grow to around 12,000 in 2006. The 2010 census reported a population of 17,708. The city was rated #7 in the Best Places to Live survey of Dallas Suburbs in the July 2008 D Magazine, and #9 in the 2010 edition of the article. In 2011 the city was rated #27 in America by Money’s list of America’s best small towns. According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 5.25 square miles of which 100% is land.
The City of Murphy, Texas adopted a Home Rule Charter in 2003 and the power of the city is vested in a council of elected individuals who regulate and legislate and appoint other officials, such as the City Manager, who heads the executive branch. The councilmembers as of 2013 are Eric Barna (Mayor), Owais Siddiqui, Ben St. Clair, Scott Bradley, Betty Spraggins, Bernard Grant and Rob Thomas. Eric Barna was elected Mayor in 2013. James Fisher is the City Manager.
Few reminders of Murphy’s early heyday remain; one structure still in use is the First Baptist Church of Murphy, built in 1901. Although the business district faded out, the school system remained for some time. The school building served as a community center in 1987. A school building which housed elementary and high school students was built in 1938 as a WPA project. When it closed in 1950, the schoolchildren transferred to Plano. Later, citizens renovated the school building, which became the Community Center, Fire Station, and City Hall. Later, the City Hall and Fire Station were moved to a new complex across the road, leaving the old building to be renovated as the Community Center scheduled to reopen in February 2012.
Source: Murphy on Wikipedia